The 2018 IEEE GLOBECOM will be held at Aby Dhabi, UAE, 9-13 December 2018. Themed "Gateway to a Connected World," the conference will offer five full days of original paper presentations, tutorials, workshops, keynotes, demonstrations, industry sessions and social events designed to further career opportunities and the in-depth understanding of the latest communications advancements worldwide. As part of the conference, we solicit proposals for half-day or full-day workshops, to be held on either 9 or 13 December 2018.
WORKSHOP PROPOSAL FORMAT
Each workshop proposal (maximum 5 pages) must include:
- Title of the workshop
- Description of the technical issues covered, emphasizing the timeliness of the proposed workshop (1 page maximum)
- Workshop Organizers (names, affiliation and contact information)
- A short biography of the organizers (up to 200 words)
- Names of potential participants, such as program committee members and invited speakers (indication that speakers accepted to participate is a plus)
- Planned format of the workshop, including
- Duration of the workshop: Half-day, Full-day and tentative schedule
- Preferred day of workshop: Sunday 9 Dec or Thursday 13 Dec
- Number of refereed papers, hot topic sessions, keynotes, panels (and panel formats) etc.
- Plan for the review of the refereed papers according to the ComSoc's academic best-practices
- Unique, creative and novel workshops formats are strongly encouraged and will be given particular consideration.
- Draft Call for Papers
- A description of the publicity and promotion plan
- The workshop potential website address (if available at the time of the proposal - will be required later if the workshop proposal is accepted)
- If appropriate, a description of past versions of the workshop, including number of submitted and accepted papers, number of attendees, etc.
ORGANIZATION AND SUBMISSION PROCEDURE
The aim of the conference workshops is to emphasize emerging topics of particular interest to the conference attendees not specifically covered in the main symposiums. Each workshop may include a mix of regular papers, invited presentations and panels that encourage the participation of attendees in active discussions.
Proposal submissions should be sent to the Workshops Co-Chairs Jaafar Elmirghani (J.M.H.Elmirghani@leeds.ac.uk) and Kumudu Munasinghe (Kumudu.Munasinghe@canberra.edu.au) by email as a PDF file attachment with the subject of GLOBECOM2018 Workshop Proposal.
Priority will be given to proposals that not only address an exciting topic but also promise a creative format likely to generate lively interactions and foster new ideas. Examples include bringing practitioners and researchers together, as well as facilitating multi-disciplinary discussions that can lead to high impact and transformative research. All accepted workshops should implement peer-reviews of accepted papers. Papers will be published in the GLOBECOM2018 Workshops Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore.
WORKSHOP PREPARATION AND ORGANIZATION TIMELINE
- Proposal deadline:
10 March 2018
- Acceptance notification:
26 March 2018
- CFP received for web posting:
12 April 2018
- Paper submission deadline: 15 June 2018
- Paper acceptance notification: 31 July 2018
- Camera-Ready: 30 August 2018