SYMPOSIA ORAL PRESENTATIONS
Oral presentations for the GLOBECOM Symposia have been allocated 15 minutes of effective presentation time, plus 2 minutes given to Q/A and 30 seconds turnaround time between speakers.
Authors must prepare their oral presentations to be sure to convey their message in clear and sharp manner, including giving outline of the key principles, facts and results. More detailed discussions can continue during the breaks.
In order to ensure a smooth performance during your session, please carefully review the following instructions:
- Know the time and location of your session. Make sure you know how to get to the meeting room where your session is held.
- Arrive to the room 15 minutes before the start of the session and introduce yourself to the session chair(s).
- A laptop, projector, and screen will be available in the meeting room. Presenters are not to use their own laptop which will help eliminate unnecessary wasting of time between presentation.
- Create your presentation using MS PowerPoint and save it onto a USB drive. Bring the USB drive to the session and upload the FINAL presentation to the laptop in the meeting room at least 10 minutes before the start time of your session. You can also bring it earlier during the coffee/lunch breaks of any days before your presentation. A volunteer will be present to assist you as needed.
- To avoid any compatibility problems, please read carefully the instructions below.
- Prepare your presentation using PPT/PPTX format instead of PPS
- All videos or animations in the presentation must run automatically!
- We cannot provide support for embedded videos in your presentation; please ensure that your presentation works accordingly prior to the session
- Only fonts that are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause wrong layout/style of your presentation.
SYMPOSIA INTERACTIVE PRESENTATIONS
Interactive sessions for the GLOBECOM Symposia are scheduled in 105-minute time slot (in order to determine the type of session for your paper, the interactive session code starts with "I-"). You must use your own laptop for Interactive presentations.
Presentations will be displayed on LCD screens, with the following properties:
- Screen dimensions: 40”
- Resolution: HD
- Orientation: Landscape
- Display from your laptop - we will supply HDMI cable ONLY. The LCD screen only supports HDMI, DVI and DP ports (No VGA). If your laptop or other device does not provide HDMI output, you will need to bring any necessary adaptors.
The presenter should:
- Arrive to the session room no later than 15 minutes before the start of the session
- Bring his/her laptop with the final presentation already pre-loaded. A volunteer will indicate which TV monitor is allocated for which presentation.
- Introduce yourself to the Session Chair 15 minutes prior to the session.
During the refreshment breaks, the TV monitors will be available for you to check your presentations.
Please make sure the following information is ALWAYS visible on the screen during the Interactive Sessions.
- Paper title
- List of authors with affiliations
The Interactive Session presentations offer the means to engage with the audience in a number of novel ways. Attendees will walk around from one presenter to another during the session so that they too can maximize their time at the session. Overall, Interactive Sessions are most popular among conference attendees.
Presenters at workshops should follow the same general guidance as given above for oral presentations in the Symposia. However, workshop presentations may follow different timings. As such, presenters should contact the appropriate workshop organizers for guidance and clarification if further explanation is needed